Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Approach.

My name is Cam, and this is a blog I've created to detail my journey from a shy, introverted, and overall lonely guy to the fun, confident and social guy I want to become. I'm doing this using the many techniques and lessons that are discussed on Approach Anxiety.

Here's where I'm starting from. I'm a 22 year old single male living in Toronto, Canada. I've had a few relationships, most of which didn't last very long. One was very long term, and it's ending is the reason that I'm here today. I'm tired of the kinds of women I've been getting and I've decided I need to take some initiative to better myself and my ability to get out and meet more people.

I have never approached a woman in my life. Never gotten a phone number. None of it. I suffer from a lot of social anxiety. My fears revolve around how I'm perceived by those around me. I don't want anyone to think of me as inept or stupid, yet at the same time I also don't want people to see me as being too smart, and a nerd or a dork or anything else of the sort. As such, I often hide and act very quiet in social situations; in addition to my fear of beautiful women.

My goal is simple. Constant improvement. I want to eventually get to the point where I can open up and talk to anyone, man or woman - though particularly women, attractive women. I am taking control of my social life, and I want to choose who I date; and choose beautiful, intellectual, and overall 'cool' women. I don't know how long it will take me to reach this point, but it is a process and I know that. This blog will detail that.

No comments: