Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fantasies

I have some of the greatest fantasies about being successful at this approaching thing. After every failed attempt to go out and talk to some women, I'll go back to a couple women I walked past and go over how the interaction I didn't persue should have gone.

Down where I'm moving, I only know a very small number of people - and they're all work related. After going out a couple of times with my boss and one of my coworkers they've rather quickly seen how very ballsless I am and have taken to making fun of me for it - which is both good and bad in their own respects.

I have this one fantasy interaction at a nearby mall that we go to go find some of the most gorgeous women in the state. We'll walk past a group of beautiful young women and my boss will challenge me to get a phone number. Being the type of person I am, and the way I can only assume I would be given some confidence, I say fine and go back and talk to them. I open with an "opinion" opener, say I've got a bet going with my boss about socks and sandals (or something equally stupid) because I keep giving him shit for wearing them. I play the cocky-funny and banter with them, building the attraction. I go to eject and get some contact info from one of them, and then just before I leave I kinda lean in and talk in a lower voice to one of them (not the one I got the contact info from) and give her the "my friend thinks you're hot, but is way too shy to do anything about it. could I get your number to give to him? I doubt he'll ever actually call. In fact, I'll bet you $20 he never calls." I figure something like that I'm bound to get a number, especially if I did the cocky-funny bit right earlier in the interaction. I eject, with 2 phone numbers. One for myself and one for my boss, and I tell him I was busting his balls there - just to get back at him a bit.

This is where I twist things a little. A couple days, or maybe a week later I get a text message from the second girl, simply saying "You owe me $20." I give her a call back a little later, find out that he did call, and then proceed to tell her to meet me for lunch to get her $20. Boom, now I've not only got a date with the girl I got the number from origianlly, but I've got the other girl going out with me too.

That's my goal right there. I don't care how anything goes after that point. I don't care if I'm getting laid, or if I'm getting any further than a date or two. I just want to be able to get that far, after that I know I can handle. I can do that. I know I can get that far. I can, and will, get that far.

No comments: